Cabin Safety Guide
The IATA Cabin Operations Safety Best Practices Guide is intended to give airlines the tools they need to create and update safety procedures and policies, using a global range of references and expert opinions.
Written and updated annually by a global team of cabin safety professionals, this guide includes standards and recommended practices from the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), ICAO and other regulators, combined with extensive operational experience of member airlines. It suggests and gives guidance in the appropriate risk assessments to demonstrate the incorporation of Safety Management Systems (SMS) within cabin operations.
This latest revision (edition 5) provides updates to existing procedures and new guidance for;
- Risk assessments relating to cabin layout and design;
- Safety Performance Indicators and revised taxonomy;
- Use of PEDs supplied by the operator;
- Passenger awareness of lithium batteries;
- Procedures to follow if trafficking in persons is suspected;
- Crew protection during layover.
Have an overview of all you can find in the 2019 guide: Cabin operations safety guide – Table of Contents.(pdf)