Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP)
BSP is a system designed to facilitate and simplify the selling, reporting and remitting procedures of IATA Accredited Passenger Sales Agents, as well as improve financial control and cash flow for BSP Airlines.
A truly worldwide system: there are BSP operations in some 181 countries and territories. The system currently serves approximately 400 participating airlines with an on-time settlement rate of 99.99%. In 2015, IATA's BSP processed $230.3 billion.
Benefits of a BSP
- Agents issue one sales report and remit one amount to a central point
- Airlines receive one settlement covering all agents
- Simplifies and reduces work through the use of electronic ticketing on behalf of all BSP Airlines
- Agents’ sales are reported electronically
- Less resources required for billing and collection
- Electronic distribution of billing reports and generation of debit/credit memos (ADMs/ACMs) via BSPlink
- Increased financial control thanks to centralization and grouping
- Consolidated document flow, permitting accelerated quality controls
- Overall process monitoring by a neutral body
Participation in a BSP
Participation in a BSP is open to all airlines (IATA members and non-members) serving the country or area concerned.
IATA Accredited Agents
All IATA Accredited Agents in the BSP country of operation are automatically eligible for participation in a BSP. When a new BSP commences operations in a country, all Agents are notified by IATA and invited to participate.
General Sales Agents (GSAs) and Airport Handling Agents (AHA)
GSAs and AHAs may participate in a BSP (in the same way as Accredited Agents), on nomination by the airline they represent, and subject to the airline entering into a standard agreement.
To obtain the local participation criteria and conditions, please contact customer service for your region