One step closer to digital cargo
Part of Simplifying the Business Cargo (StB Cargo), the ONE Record project will drive paperless processes and create a plug and play environment where companies can connect and re-connect their digital relations with ease.
The ultimate vision for ONE Record is an end-to-end digital logistics and transport supply chain where data is easily and transparently exchanged in a digital ecosystem of air cargo stakeholders, communities and data platforms.
The ultimate vision for ONE Record is an end-to-end digital logistics and transport supply chain where data is easily and transparently exchanged in a digital ecosystem of air cargo stakeholders, communities and data platforms. Learn more about the ONE Record concept (pdf)
The e-freight program created the foundations for the digitalization of the air cargo industry, driving its transformation with electronic processes and systems. ONE Record does not replace e-freight messaging, but evolves from it. Whereas e-freight is based on message exchange, today’s digital infrastructure is built on data sharing, made possible by the maturity of web technology, cloud hosting and distributed databases.
ONE Record is a proposed standard for sharing data and provide a view of a single virtual shipment record. It focuses on data structures and accessibility and will facilitate the emergence of digital cargo, where logistics and transport providers will easily interact over an internet of logistics.
- Data: provide the air cargo industry with a standard data semantic structure and a defined data ownership
- Access: share the data through an Internet of Logistics using existing web protocols, such as Internet Protocol (IP) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and relying on standard Application Programming Interface (API)
- Security: use of a trust network to manage identification, authentication and authorization to ensure data privacy and confidentiality
- Drive ONE Record pilot project to get industry feedback and validate and/or improve the model
- Work in close collaboration with the industry to develop incremental additions to the ONE Record data model and features to include areas of air cargo distribution, interactive cargo, e-DGD among others
- Continue to engage with Cargo Community Systems (CCS) and IT providers to speed up the adoption of the ONE Record standard