IATA brings many benefits to Travel Agents
- A unique numeric code which enables instant recognition for each and every agency location. Please see IATA accreditation and code services for travel professionals
- Access to airline members' inventory and ticketing worldwide
- Access and use of the airlines' distribution system (BSP - Billing and Settlement Plan)
- Efficiencies through IATA standardization
On these pages, you will find the rules relating to all aspects of IATA Accreditation and the reporting and settlement of ticket sales (Travel Agent Handbook).
If you seek to open a travel agency
There is no generic approach to opening a travel agency because laws and regulations vary from country to country and state to state. This is why we advise you approach the following entities in your country/region:
- National or regional travel agency associations
- Government licensing office or government aviation authority
- Banking organizations (setting up a business)
- Advisory bureaux
- And see which IATA accreditaion and code services correspond to your needs
- Visit our Registration page for detailed terms & conditions
Benefit from specific training for travel agents
IATA offers comprehensive training and professional development services for travel agents through IATA Training. For more information on the complete range of IATA training services, please visit IATA Training pages.