IATA Settlement Systems (ISS) are the backbone of the global air transport industry. They enable the swift, reliable, and efficient movement of funds between airlines and their travel partners. In 2017, the ISS settled $433.3 billion.
In 2017, the unrecovered debt target was 0.023%, while the actual performance exceeded that target to reach 0.015%. IATA will still continue to strengthen systems with its transition to New Gen ISS.
- Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP): Settlement of passenger sales from Travel Agents to Airlines
- Cargo Account Settlement Systems (CASS): Settlement of cargo sales from agents and freight forwarders
- IATA Clearing House (ICH): Fast debt collection - Protection against bad debt and bankruptcy
- IATA Exchange Rates: Standard industry rates for sales and interline billings
- NewGen ISS: Transforming IATA's Settlement Systems with industry solutions for Airlines and Travel Agents
- Prorate Agency: Efficient management of interlining revenue settlement between airlines, for both passenger and cargo
- Revenue Accounting Tax Database (RATD): Passenger ticket taxes & charges - Revenue accounting to process interline billing
- Sampling: Reduces workload and interline accounting costs - Early finalization of interline settlement
- Ticket Tax Box Services (TTBS): Global reference for taxes levied on passenger air tickets
- Simplified Invoicing and Settlement (SIS e-invoicing): Electronic Invoicing platform with a direct link to hundreds of airlines and industry core suppliers with optional connection to settlement services.
Payment / Cash Management / Funds Management
- IATA Currency Clearance Service (ICCS): Cash management - Centralized control of funds - Quick repatriation of funds
- Currency Repatriation: Reduce costs related to the repatriation of sales funds and improve repatriation processes
- IATA Treasury Dashboard: Supports airline treasuries with their liquidity planning and cashflow forecasting activities
- IATA Financial Gateway (IFG): An omni-channel payment solution that also helps airlines create the necessary files for reporting of their travel agent direct sales into the BSP Systems for processing and settlement
- IATA Perseuss: Card fraud prevention - Early detection - Data exchange within user community
- iiNET is presently the most comprehensive, flexible and reliable worldwide electronic data exchange and data distribution service available to the industry