Air Transportation Management (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 294 participants from 44 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course will allow you to get an insider’s view of the air transportation system. You will gain insights in aviation-related businesses and organizations and understand their role and function in the air transportation system. The course will also provide you with knowledge to polish your management and presentation skills while working with experienced instructors and class peers on course integration exercises.
Course Code: TCVG-10-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants will be required to complete the IATA Overview of the Air Transportation System e-learning module. It will take you approximately 3 hours to complete the module. Access will be provided through your IATA
student portal 1 week prior to the course and should be completed prior to the
course start. Please note that this is included in the price of the Air
Transportation Management course.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
11 - 13 October, 2022
Register before 11 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 27 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149328
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
15:00-17:00 & 18:00-20:00 Beijing/Singapore
11:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00 Dubai
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 Geneva/Paris
7:00-9:00 & 10:00-12:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the basic laws and conventions governing air transport
- Recognize the civil aviation global framework and air transportation main actors
- Assess the respective roles and functions of civil aviation authorities, airlines, airports and ANSPs
- Describe aviation technological innovations and best practices
- Demonstrate more effective management and presentation skills
- Apply leadership principles and practices
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Air transportation overview including state and size of the aviation industry and components of the air transportation system
- Aviation law, Chicago Convention, ICAO standards and other international conventions
- Introduction to aviation safety and security
- Role and functions of Civil Aviation Agencies, airlines, airports, and Air Navigation Service Providers
- The impact of technology on air transportation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
General Aviation Management Diploma
Develop and implement efficient operational solutions, while simultaneously ensuring the strategic renewal of your organization.
Civil Aviation Management Diploma
Strengthen your management skills and strategies to use in your civil aviation authority.