Air Transportation Management (Classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 294 participants from 44 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Get a head start in the industry with this insider’s view of the air transportation system. Review aviation-related businesses and organizations and their role and function in the air transportation system. Polish your management and presentation skills while working with experienced instructors and class peers on course integration exercises.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCVG-10
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants will be required to complete the IATA Overview of the Air Transportation System e-learning module. It will take you approximately 3 hours to complete the module. Access will be provided through your IATA student portal 1 week prior to the course and should be completed prior to the course start.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
11 - 13 October, 2021
Register before 20 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 20 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132876
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the basic laws and conventions governing air transport
- Recognize the civil aviation global framework and air transportation main actors
- Assess the respective roles and functions of civil aviation authorities, airlines, airports and ANSPs
- Describe aviation technological innovations and best practices
- Demonstrate more effective management and presentation skills
- Apply leadership principles and practices
- Air transportation overview including state and size of the aviation industry and components of the air transportation system
- Aviation law, Chicago Convention, ICAO standards and other international conventions
- Introduction to aviation safety and security
- Role and functions of Civil Aviation Agencies, airlines, airports and Air Navigation Service Providers
- The impact of technology on air transportation
- Course integration exercises
- Group discussions and case studies
- Written examination
- eLearning module
Who should attend
This course is open to all industry newcomers and professionals seeking an entry-level management position in:
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Air Navigation Service Providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
James Bata Shallangwa, Assistant General Manager Nigeria
I believe all aviation workers, irrespective of discipline or department, should take the Air Transportation Management course. After having worked for 23 years in this industry, I found the course to be a useful refresher and eye-opener. The role play project brought insight to the current situation in my country and I look forward to applying the benchmarking techniques I have learned in my organization.
Syed Mohamed Wazeer, Marketing & Sales Manager UAE
I took this course to get an international perspective on air transport and was not disappointed! The instructor was very knowledgeable and able to talk about many aspects of the industry based on his experience. Aviation is a diverse industry. This course has helped me to understand more about its many components - something I could not do on the job alone.