Airline Business Models and Competitive Strategies - Virtual Simulation Program (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 1336 participants from 106 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (35 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This virtual course will help you improve and test your management skills and strategic thinking. You will be able to run your own airline and decide on the network, fleet, schedule, marketing and revenue management whilst competing with other airlines for market share and profitability based on a real-life scenario. Performance reports will be generated at the end of each session to show the impact of your different business strategies. The course provides shorter interactive virtual classroom sessions with more time spent on devising and testing business strategies. Using a detailed case study and exercises, you will be able to test different strategies while your objective is simple, be the most profitable airline!
Course Code: TALG-02-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 35 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live instructor-led sessions per day and 2 practice sessions, each session will be
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- We recommend that participants have a good understanding of the network, fleet and schedule planning at an airline.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Translate demand in an airline product
- Recognize what drives airline cost and revenue
- Summarize the mechanics of airline financial and operational issues
- Improve problem solving and critical thinking
- Convert strategy into real tactics
- Value teamwork from a management view
- Defend and explain the strategic and tactical choices made by airlines
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Business models
- Product development
- Network analysis and planning
- Aircraft evaluation
- Aircraft scheduling
- Pricing and revenue management
- Distribution and sales
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Middle management
- Senior management
- Past attendees of the Network, Fleet and Schedule Planning course or Airline Business Foundations.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Management Diploma
Gain the skills to anticipate, respond, and adapt to the demands of a changing industry.