Did you know that in the past 5 years, 353 participants from 89 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Gain a good understanding of typical airline contracts and their effects on airline operations. Understand the differences between the two main legal systems - Civil Law and Common Law and their different approaches to contract drafting. Practice and develop good drafting skills and become familiar with some of the most common contract clauses, risk areas and mitigation tools.
Course Code: TALL-03-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- You should have at least 3 years of experience in your area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the Common Law Legal System and the Civil Law Legal system
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basics of contract law and good drafting practices
- Describe and practice typical contract clauses
- Review, analyse and understand the concepts of the most common airline related agreements
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of legal risk allocation tools
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Context of International Air Law
- Procurement, contract process and drafting
- Risk allocation (liability, indemnity, warranties, etc.)
- Airline conditions of carriage
- Marketing and distribution
- Interline agreements
- Codeshare agreements
- Maintenance and catering agreements
- Jet fuel purchase agreements
- Ground handling agreements
- Dry, wet and damp leases
- Charter agreements
- Blocked space agreements
This course is recommended for:
- Airline in-house counsel
- Aviation lawyers in private practice
- Professional Airline Managers
- Airport and other aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues
- Legal professionals who want more knowledge in the fields of aviation and airlines
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.