Airline Marketing for the Leadership & Management Training Program
Stay ahead of the competition by understanding and applying sound marketing principles. This course will provide you with an overview of the airline marketing principles so that you can comfortably create a marketing plan and execute it accordingly. We will cover the three main steps, analysing, planning and execution as well as the main marketing tools used at each step, in order to develop a successful marketing plan.
This training program combines IATA's trusted Airline Cabin Crew course with Harvard ManageMentor© (HMM), a state-of-the-art, media-rich training platform furnished by Harvard Business School faculty, global business leaders and practitioners in the field of leadership development.
Course Code: TALM-53-HLM
Course formatIATA Airline Marketing course
- The course is available in e-book format.
- The IATA course requires approximately 45 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, you will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
10 HMM© courses
- Additional time will be required for the 10 HMM© modules. Each HMM© self-study module requires approximately 2-4 hours of study. Access to the HMM© platform is valid for 6 months (enrollment validity) from the date access is provided, with exams administered online.
- Enrollment fees include both the IATA course and access to the HMM© platform.
- Upon payment, you will receive access to all HMM© content for a six-month period.
- When you click to purchase the course, you will be directed to login to your Training Account. Please have your login details ready.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order. If you are a company wishing to purchase courses for 10 or more employees, please Contact Us for more information on how to register multiple users.
USD 1,000 (e-book)
USD 1,150 (e-book)
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Interpret and understand your customers' needs
- Segment your targeted markets
- Exceed your customers' expectations with product innovation, product quality and efficient distribution
- Develop creative and cost-effective marketing strategies
- Build or refresh management and leadership skills
- Respond to management challenges effectively
IATA Airline Marketing content
- The evolution of technology and its impact in customer engagement and marketing methodologies
Developing marketing processes & strategies in alignment with organizational objectives
The current airline business environment and its impact on airline marketing
Impact of technology on distribution and communication channels: best practices including social media
Market environment scanning & market research methodologies
Developing a marketing plan and strategy in a case study approach
The Marketing Mix (Product, Price, Promotion, Place) and how to satisfy the needs of your target audiences
How to create value for, and communicate value to, your customers
Airline alliances and marketing: benefits & drawbacks
Practical strategies for managing your marketing plan efficiently
This valuable online reference tool, used by companies around the world, will help you handle day-to-day management issues.
HMM offers the following on-demand features to help you achieve more on the job:
- Concise lessons and tools for fast and effective learning
Videos featuring Harvard University faculty, trusted experts, and next-generation emerging leaders
Editor’s Choice articles featuring up-to-the-minute business expertise, selected and updated quarterly by Harvard Business Publishing editors
Hundreds of new checklists, self-assessments, worksheets, and handouts to facilitate the application of new ideas to your own work environment
Personalized experience: goals, skill development, and action planning to help you quickly apply new skills
Post-topic, On-the-Job component where you work on your action plan and receive content, tips, and reminders
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Recently appointed marketing managers
- Sales managers and general sales agents
- Marketing officers and market coordinators
- Customer service staff
- You will receive an IATA Certificate upon successful completion of the IATA exam.
- A Harvard ManageMentor© certificate of completion is awarded for each module, provided you obtain a passing grade of 70%. You may track your progress within the HMM platform.
How to claim your Diploma
- Upon successful completion of the 10 required HMM© modules and the IATA course, contact us to claim your IATA Leadership and Management Diploma.
Please read the General Information on Partner-taught / Self-study exams, and check the Course Edition List for Exams when booking your exam.
Harvard ManageMentor© Exam
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2
- Exam Method: Online assessment
- Exam Format: Multiple-choice questions
- Number of Questions: 10 or less per HMM module
- Time Allowed: The assessment can be retaken as many times as you need to pass
- Passing Grade: You must score at least 70% on the assessment.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: