Airline Safety Investigation (Classroom, 5 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
During the five days of the airline safety investigation course, airline staff members will learn how to participate in an aircraft accident and serious incident investigation, in accordance with ICAO Annex 13 Standards. You will also learn about the concepts, techniques and tools necessary for your airline to conduct effective internal safety investigations. Special attention is given to understanding the underlying causes of accidents and incidents in order to improve safety and prevent future occurrences.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TALP-25
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Turkey, Istanbul (TKAA-RTP)
24 - 28 August, 2020
Please register by 03 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 117306
This class is offered in cooperation with Turkish Airlines
Aviation Academy. The regional price applies to residents of Turkey.
For information and to register, please contact:
Turkish Airlines Aviation Academy
Ataturk Airport; Gate B 34149 Yesilkoy
Phone: +90 (212) 463 63 63 - 12360 - 14257 - 13101
Benefit from the Early Bird discount of 20% if you register 3 months prior to the course start date or USD100 if you register 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe basic processes underlying the management of safety by an airline
- Explain basic concepts of Human Factors in aviation
- List key human performance issues relevant to flight operations
- Describe the importance of the airline safety reporting program for internal safety investigations
- Apply important tools for the airline internal safety investigation
- Outline the role your airline and nominated staff should play when assisting in the investigation of an accident
- The management of safety
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Human Factors in safety investigations
- Safety investigator’s guide to operational error
- Human Performance in safety investigations
- Airline internal safety investigation
- Airline internal safety investigation training
- Airline safety reporting program
- State accident investigation – Annex 13
- Organization and planning of an investigation
- Conduct of the investigation
- The Operator “go-team”
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operational and technical airline staff
- Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: