Airline Safety Investigation (Virtual Classroom)
During the four days of the airline safety investigation course, airline staff members will learn how to participate in an aircraft accident and serious incident investigation, in accordance with ICAO Annex 13 Standards. You will also learn about the concepts, techniques and tools necessary for your airline to conduct effective internal safety investigations. Special attention is given to understanding the underlying causes of accidents and incidents in order to improve safety and prevent future occurrences.
Course Code: TALP-25-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Safety Management System concepts
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
11 - 14 August, 2020
Register before 21 Jul, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 28 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 129972
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
24 - 27 November, 2020
Register before 26 Aug, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 10 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110221
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe basic processes underlying the management of safety by an airline
- Summarize a Model of Accident Causation
- Explain basic concepts of Human Factors in aviation and the related models
- Identify the training requirements for airline safety personnel to support ICAO Annex 13 investigations
- Demonstrate the importance of the airline safety reporting program for internal safety investigations
- Apply tools for the conduct of an airline Internal Safety Investigation
- Review the process of a State accident/incident investigation under ICAO Annex 13
- Basic processes underlying the management of safety by an airline
- Model of accident causation
- Human Performance in the safety investigation
- Training requirements for airline safety personnel to support ICAO Annex 13 investigations
- Importance of the airline safety reporting program for internal safety investigations
- Tools for the conduct of an airline Internal Safety Investigation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operational and technical airline staff
- Safety managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: