Airport Financial Management (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 49 participants from 25 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn how to control costs and manage a profitable airport. Over the next decade, airports need to expand and diversify their business in order to keep up with the increasing demand for air travel and financing this development can be challenging. Improve your understanding of the air transportation system, and analyze current financial industry trends and how they impact your airport. Examine the importance of implementing strong management control systems and learn how to successfully forecast your business. Evaluate the benefits of efficient customer service and how it relates to a successful pricing strategy.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPG-14
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have knowledge of airport operations and business activities.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Spain, Madrid (IATA)
3 - 7 October, 2022
Register before 03 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 12 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148325
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Discuss airport business drivers for financial success
- Analyze the industry’s financial trends and their impact on airport strategy and operations
- Assess airport financial performance
- Recognize and accommodate the needs of customers for
- Manage stakeholder relations
- Evaluate privatization and re-structuring options
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Current events in aviation
- Liberalisation and competition; Airlines business models and implications for airports; Airport privatization
- The airport business
- Demand and business drivers; Pricing and economic regulation; Revenue and profitability; Cost control
- The airport sector internationally
- Financial reporting and financial indicators
- Managing airport privatization
- Viability and objectives; Privatization plan; Risk management
- Airport capital management
- Capital funding sources; Attracting capital; Managing shareholder value
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers wanting to reinforce their understanding of financial tools and business principles
- Airport accountants, treasurers and controllers wanting to improve their understanding of airport operations and business drivers
- Financial managers and analysts from the air transport industry at large
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airport Strategic Management Diploma
Combine courses in the areas of planning, management and business development for a complete overview of airport strategy.