Did you know that in the past 5 years, 48 participants from 12 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Airports operate in a highly competitive environment, and are increasingly generating revenue through ancillary services. IATA’s Airport Marketing & Corporate Communications Strategies course teaches you how to use modern marketing techniques to increase your airport's revenue by offering more services to passengers, retailers and airlines. You will learn how to design effective marketing campaigns that attract new customers and boost your flight frequency. You will also learn how to tailor your marketing strategies to your catchment area and your target segments.
Course Code: TAPG-24
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
Market your airport to airlines, retailers and passengers
Use market research tools
Prepare and develop a marketing plan
Design customized marketing campaigns
Apply key marketing theories and concepts to your business
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Strategic marketing and business planning
- Airline route analysis
- Marketing process and planning
- Marketing intelligence and market data
- Airline management concepts
- Passenger traffic analysis
- Route capacity
- Revenue and cost projection
- Airline product specifications
- Air services development
- Joint marketing promotions
- Retail marketing
- Airport land development objectives
- Property marketing
- Achieving differentiation
- Marketing roles and responsibilities
- Outsource and contract management approaches
This course is recommended for:
Civil Aviation Authority representatives
Route Development Managers
Marketing agencies, customer-research firms
Business development professionals at airport operators
Airport and aviation industry managers related to marketing and commercial functions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.