Airport Master Planning (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
An Airport Master Plan is a critical planning tool for determining the future requirements of an airport and provides a vision for realizing its ultimate potential. The primary purpose is to establish an orderly development concept to guide the airport’s short, medium, and long-term measures and assist airport management and stakeholders in making informed decisions.
This course will help you understand the airport master planning process and the key principles for creating a plan that flexibly protects an airport’s operations and development over an extended period-of-time. The course, based on the latest standards from the 11th edition of the Airport Development Reference Manual (ADRM), will explain the range of topics that should be included in an airport master plan.
Course Code: TAPP-08-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 21 hours to complete and be held over 7 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have knowledge of airport business and processes.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop a master plan that integrates the strategic objectives of your business
- Demonstrate the steps in the master planning process
- Identify traffic forecasting methodologies used in master planning
- Recognize the key principles of terminal and airside capacity planning
- Develop and evaluate strategic options
- Design a robust development plan and phasing strategy
- The attributes of a successful airport master plan
- The master planning process flow
- Constraints mapping
- Requirements analysis
- Stakeholder consultation
- Passenger terminal design and capacity
- Terminal Level of Service and Concept of Operations
- Surface access strategy
- Airport support elements
- Options development and evaluation
- Airport land use planning
Who should attend
This course is recommended for airport managers in:
- Aviation management professionals
- Infrastructure developers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: