Did you know that in the past 5 years, 370 participants from 63 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
An Airport Master Plan is a critical planning tool for determining the future requirements of an airport and provides a vision for realizing its ultimate potential. The primary purpose is to establish an orderly development concept to guide the airport’s short, medium, and long-term measures and assist airport management and stakeholders in making informed decisions. This course will help you understand the airport master planning process and the key principles for creating a plan that flexibly protects an airport’s operations and development over an extended period-of-time. The course, based on the latest standards from the 11th edition of the Airport Development Reference Manual, will explain the full range of topics that should be included in an airport master plan.
Course Code: TAPP-08
- Participants should have knowledge of airport business and processes.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop a master plan that integrates the strategic objectives of your business
- Demonstrate the steps in the master planning process
- Identify traffic forecasting methodologies used in master planning
- Recognize the key principles of terminal and airside capacity planning
- Develop and evaluate strategic options
- Design a robust development plan and phasing strategy
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- The attributes of a successful airport master plan
- The master planning process flow
- Constraints mapping
- Requirements analysis
- Stakeholder consultation
- Passenger terminal design and capacity
- Terminal Level of Service and Concept of Operations
- Surface access strategy
- Airport support elements
- Options development and evaluation
- Airport land use planning
ActivitiesExercises and case studiesPresentation of ADRM
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation management professionals
- Infrastructure developers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.