Airport Total Quality Management and Customer Service (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Conceptualise Total Quality Management (TQM) for airports, providing practical guidelines and case studies of how TQM concepts can be incorporated into the respective strategies of a business strategy, going beyond the compliance phase. Introduce and explain how Customer Experience goes beyond the simplistic approach of airport customer service, in order to provide the framework that will deliver a seamless and memorable experience that will meet passengers’ expectations.
Course Code: TAPG-33-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of airport business and operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
8 - 12 March, 2021
Register before 08 Dec, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 22 Feb
All prices are before tax. Class no: 134586
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Discuss the concept of TQM and how its application benefits airports
- Share latest approaches and best practices in TQM within and outside the airport industry
- Define the framework of an airport TQM strategy and how it impacts the airport’s activities
- Relate the benefits of excellent passenger experience
- Conceptualise excellent passenger experience for airports
- Present and discuss implementation plans for delivering excellent passenger experience
- What is Quality, Total Quality Management and Quality Management frameworks
- Developing a Total Quality Management Strategy for airports
- Airport performance measures
- What is customer experience and how to develop an Airport Customer Experience strategy
- Customer journey mapping and customer experience roadmap
- Measuring and benchmarking customer experience
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport and Airline managers
- Airport Marketing, Commercial, Strategy, Quality Management, Operations, Customer Service departments
- Aviation industry consultants and analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: