2-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Is an AOCC a Collaboration and Control Centre or a Command and Control Centre? This is the fundamental question especially now that the aviation industry is under extreme pressure. A smart AOCC should service all stakeholders. In this course we will explain the place of the AOCC in the overall airport organization and management structure, and the importance of a structured approach to establish or upgrade a process-based AOCC, reducing time and cost. As an IATA training course, you will have the chance to get information truly independent from system vendors. Learn about a method to define the size of an AOCC, to set up documents for the procurement process of systems and equipment based on your organizational structure. This will help you to make a change management plan and a stakeholder engagement plan for future-proof decisions on technology and infrastructure.
Course Code: TAPG-69-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have good knowledge of Airport Operations. For participants without formal training or work experience in Airport Operations you should have completed the IATA Airport Operations Fundamentals self-study course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define the extent of a distributed / virtual AOCC
- Apply a structured approach to establishing or upgrading AOCCs
- Grasp the AOCC design and operation principles
- Describe the responsibilities, functions, roles, user interface principles, and information sharing for a smart AOCC
- Identify AOCC performance measurements for Performance Based Airport Management
- Appreciate what to consider and how to ensure future-proof technology and infrastructure, taking the requirements of the crisis recovery into account
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Documents and procurement of systems
- Streamlining AOCC functions towards implementation of A-CDM and performance-based operational plan
- How to work with airport stakeholders
- How to apply the knowledge of A-CDM2.0
- Change management and new roles in an upgraded AOCC
- Operational Reporting Framework
- Ground Coordinator concept
- Design, physical characteristics, working position concept and system specifications
This course is recommended for:
- Senior Operations Manager of Airport Operators and Ground Service Providers
- Staff, stakeholders and liaisons to AOCC functions
- System and investiture engineers
- Management teams who are planning, upgrading, managing and operating AOCC
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.