Law of Aviation Insurance (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
This course offers a unique experience by blending the virtual classroom with self-study and Q&A sessions to ensure that you get the most out of the training. Over 3 days, you will gain an overview of the law of aviation insurance and clarity on the clauses and policies that cover hull, spares and liability (including war) risks in the London market. This course will help you recognize the key clauses in an insurance policy, make informed decisions about which clauses/policies to purchase and evaluate the relevant legal and operational factors when interpreting them in cases of disputes and manage claims in compliance with the insurance program.
Course code: TALL-07-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over x consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their related field.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
8 - 10 July, 2020
All prices are before tax. Class no: 127905
Two sessions daily:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-13:30 UTC-5
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Evaluate the broader insurance market and the role of aviation insurance within it
- Determine compliance with minimum insurance requirements
- Discuss the legal implications of the unique way of placing insurance risks in the London market
- Describe the legal implications of fronting
- Identify how courts interpret the various clauses of aviation insurance policies
- Compulsory aviation insurance
- Minimum aviation insurance requirements
- Participants in the aviation insurance market
- Insurance slips/MRCs
- Aircraft hull and liability risks
- Claims management
- Insurance consideration in aircraft/spares financing and leasing agreements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Insurance and risk managers
- Aviation underwriters and claim managers
- Airline in-house counsel
- Government officials in the air transport and insurance sectors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: