Aviation Law for Managers (non-lawyers) (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 231 participants from 49 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (25 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Be knowledgeable about public international aviation law and how it relates to your aviation job. Designed for non-lawyers, this course applies to airlines, air navigation service providers, airports and civil aviation authorities amongst others, and was developed in partnership with the EUROCONTROL Institute of Air Navigation Services [GEN-LAW].
Course code: TCVL-01-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 25 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including. projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
12 - 16 December, 2022
Register before 11 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 28 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148982
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
10:30-12:00 & 12:30-14:00 Miami/Montreal
16:30-18:00 & 18:30-20:00 Geneva/Paris
19:30-21:00 & 21:30-23:00 Dubai
15:30-17:00 & 17:30-19:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain public international aviation laws, the Chicago Convention and other Conventions
- Relate international air law to national policy
- Describe bilateral and multilateral airline agreements
- Perform your aviation job with improved and detailed knowledge of the laws that apply to you and your organization
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Key legal instruments governing international civil aviation
- International civil aviation laws
- The role of national authorities and their interdependence with the role of ICAO
- Bilateral and multilateral regulation of international air transpor
- Traditional and current mechanisms of cooperation between airlines and subsequent legal issues
- Liability in air transport
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Operational staff such as air crew and air traffic controllers
- Executives and managers from airlines, airports, air navigation services providers, civil aviation authorities and other aviation organizations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Civil Aviation Management Diploma
Strengthen your management skills and strategies to use in your civil aviation authority.