1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s Aviation Security International Legal Conventions 1-day course provides you with a deep dive into the international legal conventions that have a bearing on the aviation industry and the legal structures that create this framework. Where the obligation for a State starts, the responsibilities lay within national law. You will explore the resources available to conduct research along with the reasons for initiate change, and gain insight into new conventions, declarations and governing bodies.
Course Code: TSCS-80-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Categories air law treaties
Interpret security relevant
- Conventions and General Assembly Resolutions
- Use common legal terminology to present the industry legal & regulatory framework
- Summarize the formal requirements
- Define the legal framework within aviation security
- Analyze international databases
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Obligation of a State
- Scope of conventions
- Legal instruments and tools
- The role of ICAO council
- Role of international bodies and associations
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.