Basic Airside Safety (e-learning)
An interactive, flexible, and effective way of learning about the airport environment, airside safety, rules, aircraft danger zones, fire prevention and in the event of an incident, know the procedures to follow in fire action and how to administer first aid. Ideal for individuals or Organizations with a high number of trainees who need to meet the requirements to get airside access.
Course code: TALP-17
Considerable discounts are available for multiple purchases (30+ users) of this course.
To simplify company-wide implementation, you can also host this e-learning course on your company’s Learning Management.
Please contact us for more information.
This course can be purchased at a discount as part of the Ramp Handling Essentials Bundle
- This self-study e-learning course requires approximately 3 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity).
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- The recommended level for this course is Entry-level.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order.
Course fee by user
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Cover all critical parts of safety at the apron
- Provide a common knowledge-base to protect people and equipment, so that all staff can cooperate safely and respond to incidents and accidents
- Reduce the risk of accidents and ramp damages
- The airport environment
- The airport
- Hand signals
- Aircraft ground support equipment
- Security and Safety
- Aircraft danger zones
- Health and safety
- Severe weather conditions
- Traffic rules at the ramp
- Accident and incident reporting
- Fire and first aid
- Fire prevention
- Fire protection and fire action
- First aid
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All personnel who have airside access
- All personnel involved in ramp operations
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on self-study exams.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. The exam can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 30
- Time Allowance: 1.5 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2