Did you know that in the past 4 years, 153 participants from 29 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
With the variety of increasing threats, security has to be designed smartly and be risk-based driven. Explore the role of human factors in security screening and learn how to utilize behavioral analysis strategies. During this 4-day course, discover the most recent screening methods. Learn how they can enhance your current security and protection strategy. Learn to utilize methodologies such as suspicious signs and indicators in passenger behavior before even making contact with a passenger, to increase efficiency and target high risk threats.
Course Code: TSCS-37-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- A minimum of two years’ of security operational experience is required.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify and anticipate security and terror threats
- Assess a passenger's level of risk using a variety of tools to obtain information
- Create a culture of awareness within your organization
- Evaluate passenger data during the security check processes
- Apply questioning techniques to obtain additional information from passenger
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Security threats and terrorism
- Threats to civil aviation; Current terror threats; Modus operandi of terror groups
- Screening technologies
- Traditional security screening implementation; Behavior analysis system; Concealment techniques
- Detecting suspicious signs
- Reading body language; Observation techniques
- Evaluating travel documents
- Passenger data (PNR/PNI); Travel documents as indicators; Questioning techniques; Collecting information from passengers
This course is recommended for:
- Experienced screening staff working in airports, airlines and law enforcement units
- Security managers
- Security screening supervisors
- Screening security personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.