Quality Management Systems (QMS) for Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA) and Air Navigation Service (ANS) Providers (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 176 participants from 16 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Over time the application of quality management to aviation has increased in complexity. Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA), Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSP), airlines and maintenance organizations currently need to apply more than one Quality Management System (QMS) in order to satisfy a menu of regulatory requirements. In this course you will gain practical knowledge on how to apply the many requirements for quality management to your CAA or ANSP. You will also learn about the latest requirements regarding quality of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA).
Course code: TCVG-22
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
18 - 22 September, 2023
Register before Jun 18, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 21 Aug
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172547
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Be conversant about the evolution of quality and quality assurance as applied to aviation
- Understand the quality requirements of key regulatory bodies and national authorities such as ICAO, ISO, EASA, and FAA
- Be knowledgeable about specific quality requirements for aviation and how to merge them in an integrated Quality Management System
- Apply quality management principles to your organization
- Create a quality culture and know how to assure and audit for quality
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Quality definitions and applications
- Link between quality and safety in aviation
- ICAO Annexes and SARPs citing the need for quality and safety assurance
- Quality as a management responsibility
- Definition, elements and objectives of a QMS
- ISO 9000 series of standards, in particular, the ISO 9001:2015 model for a QMS
- Current aviation quality requirements and their implementation from an airline perspective taking into account the European Regulation on Air Operations EC 965/2012 and AS EN 9100: 2009
- EASA, FAA and IATA requirements
- Integration of other management standards and requirements to a quality management system
- Quality and service relationships
- Auditing for quality
- Model for quality management and customer service for CAAs and ANSPs
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- CAA and ANSP staff especially those in Quality, Safety and Compliance Monitoring
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma