Safety (SMS) and Quality Management (QMS) Processes in Civil Aviation (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 144 participants from 40 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (16 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This three-day course provides practical
information on how to build Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality
Management System (QMS) processes into everyday aviation operations. Learn how
to link safety, quality and risk in an integrated way.
Course Code: TCVG-38-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
should have a strong knowledge of Safety Management Systems and/or have completed the
IATA Safety Management Systems Fundamentals e-learning course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the relationships between management, risk, safety, quality and human factors
- Discuss the relationships between management, risk, safety, quality and human factors
- Implement safety management system (SMS) based on an acceptable level of risk, guaranteeing consistent operational results
- Apply quality management system (QMS) processes
- Implement safety, quality and risk management, emergency response and continuous improvement program
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- History of safety management
- ICAO SMS framework
- State Safety Program (SSP)
- Evolution of safety: accident causation; Human Factors
- Change management
- Definition, elements and objectives of a QMS
- ISO 9000 series of standards, in particular, the ISO 9001:2015 model for a QMS
- SMS Implementation
- Emergency Response Planning
- Safety Risk Management
- Safety Assurance
- Safety Promotion
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Safety Managers and Quality Managers from all types of organizations in the air transport industry
- Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs), Air Navigation Services Providers (ANSPs) and Aviation Regulatory Authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Safety Management in Civil Aviation Diploma
Use Safety Management Systems to improve safety and create business and operational efficiency.
Quality Management for Civil Aviation Authorities and Air Navigation Service Providers Diploma
Gain the necessary knowledge and skills needed to implement a quality management system in your organization. Use quality assurance and control processes to achieve consistent quality and improve customer service.