Cargo Business Development for Airports (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Air cargo is an important income generating opportunity for an airport. This condensed three-day course will provide you with the knowledge you need to start building and developing your cargo business network. Learn how to invigorate your marketing campaigns and craft fresh ideas to attract new cargo business to your airport. Through discussions, practical examples and exercises, gain insight into the factors that drive the air cargo business and learn new practices for leveraging them
Course Code: TCGP-67-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify cargo market opportunities and the benefits they can bring your airport
- Understand the regulatory framework that shapes the air cargo industry
- Identify airline development decision makers that will help you enhance your network
- Plan competitive strategies that attract new airline customers
- Build your market strategy around your airport’s strengths
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Industry players and their roles
- Economic importance of air cargo
- Special handling of air cargo
- Passenger and air cargo opportunities
- Emerging trends in air cargo
- Industry policies and the consequences for air cargo
- Airport commercial plan
- Airlines network development decision making
- Air cargo and airport long-term strategic planning
- Strategies to attract air cargo business
- Marketing your services and solution
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers with cargo business development or planning responsibilities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airport Strategic Management Diploma
Combine courses in the areas of planning, management and business development for a complete overview of airport strategy.