3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course is specially designed for Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) instructors/instructional designers under the recently implemented Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) approach. You will be able to achieve two important goals simultaneously: update your knowledge and skills incorporating the latest changes and amendments to the current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and ensure that your instructional and course design techniques are fully aligned with the Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) approach.
Course Code: TCGG-75-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants must present proof of successful completion of one of the following courses taken in the last 2 years:
- Please note that the old DGR Category certificates are only valid for 2 years and must cover the entire period of this course.
- A minimum of two years of experience teaching DGR courses is recommended.
- Note: A mandatory Dangerous Goods Regulations exam will be given to assess technical competence.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Bring your knowledge and skills up-to-date with the latest changes and amendments to the current IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, and other legislative initiatives
- Share your experiences and learn from other seasoned training and instructional design professionals, and refine your design and delivery capabilities
- Collaboratively develop practical workable solutions to enhance the effectiveness of your training programs
- Gain an in depth review on competency-based training and assessment (CBTA)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Detailed discussions and interpretation of the latest changes and amendments to the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Review of the forthcoming changes to the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations based on the next iteration of ICAO TI
- Comprehensive review and update of the now fully implemented CBTA approach to Dangerous Goods (DG) training
- Live, interactive instructor-led virtual classroom sessions
- Interactive group activities and special problem-solving exercises
- Discussions and exchange of experiences concerning the implementation of DGR in the workplace
- Assessment (mandatory DG exam and presentation)
- Delivery of short presentations (10-15 minutes)
- Multiple Q&A sessions, self-study material
This course is recommended for:
- Dangerous Goods training managers
- Dangerous Goods instructors
- Cargo training specialists and managers
- Airline training specialists and managers
- Instructional designers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Please note this certificate is valid for 24 months.