1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA offers a one-day course that aims to meet the two-year CEIV Lithium Batteries refresher training requirement. This course can be utilized by businesses to ensure that they comply with industry standards, regulations and quality expectations. Anyone involved in handling, packing, accepting, or transporting lithium batteries must have qualified personnel, processes, infrastructure, systems and procedures in place. This ensures that hazardous shipments are transported safely and in accordance with regulations. During the course, you will have the opportunity to review the concepts of shipping lithium batteries by air, learn about changes to the Lithium Batteries Regulations (LBSR), and familiarize yourself with the latest safety incidents and lessons learned. You will also have the chance to refresh your knowledge and receive updates on the CEIV Lithium Batteries Audit Checklist, as well as clarifications based on audit findings.
Course Code: CELB-03-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of the current IATA Lithium Batteries Shipping Regulations and have completed the IATA Lithium Battery Logistics Safety Management course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the recent updates of the IATA Lithium Batteries Shipping Regulations (LBSR)
- Increase safety awareness by learning about recent incidents and accidents
- Explain and apply the latest CEIV Lithium Batteries Audit Checklist requirements
- Implement corrective actions plan as applicable, to address audit findings, to ensure quality across your operations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Recent updates to the Lithium Batteries Shipping Regulations (LBSR)
- Safety incidents
- Critical control points and risk management
- Recent updates to the CEIV Lithium Batteries Audit Checklist
This course is recommended for:
- Safety/Quality managers
- Airlines, ground handlers and freight forwarders
- Warehouse and operations managers
- Shippers and trucking companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Note: This certificate is valid for 24 months.