Crew Resource Management (CRM) Implementation (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 291 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Strategies to optimize your use of staff, equipment and procedures to prevent error at each phase of flight. Human error accounts for up to 80% of accidents in civil aviation. This course examines the complex threat and error environments common to today’s workplace, providing best practices to increase flight safety. A recognized standard throughout the industry, IATA’s Crew Resource Management (CRM) training is used by leading airlines to improve teamwork within their crews and reduce the frequency of accidents.
Please note: This virtual classroom course is under refinement.
The final course content may be slightly different than displayed. IATA reserves the right to change the course content without notice. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
Course code: TALS-44-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
10 - 12 August, 2021
Register before 12 May, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 27 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130515
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
25 - 27 August, 2021
Register before 27 May, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 11 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 130470
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to manage threats and errors and minimize their consequences
- Describe the importance of an integrated CRM program for all areas of an organization
Explain how CRM supports a Safety Management System (SMS)
Design effective Line Oriented Flight (LOFT) sessions
Establish a robust CRM training program that includes theory and practice
Apply Non-Technical Skill (NTS) tools to assess attitudes and behaviors
- Threat and error management
- Safety defenses
- CRM integration
- How CRM influences SMS effectiveness
- IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices
- CRM implementation tools
- CRM considerations in Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) design
LOFT objectives and guidance
- Non-Technical Skills (NTS)
- CRM implementation plan
- CRM implementation exercise
- Group exercises
Case studies reviewing the causes of recent accidents
Who should attend
This course is recommended for all mid- to senior-level airline management working with:
- Flight and cabin crews
Safety and quality
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: