Did you know that in the past 5 years, 196 participants from 29 countries have taken this course with IATA?
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Strategies to optimize your use of staff, equipment and procedures to prevent error at each phase of flight. Human error accounts for up to 80% of accidents in civil aviation. This course examines the complex threat and error environments common to today’s workplace, providing best practices to increase flight safety. A recognized standard throughout the industry, IATA’s Crew Resource Management (CRM) training is used by leading airlines to improve teamwork within their crews and reduce the frequency of accidents.
Course code: TALS-44
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Develop strategies to manage threats and errors and minimize their consequences
- Describe the importance of an integrated CRM program for all areas of an organization
- Explain how CRM supports a Safety Management System (SMS)
- Design effective Line Oriented Flight (LOFT) sessions
- Establish a robust CRM training program that includes theory and practice
- Apply Non-Technical Skill (NTS) tools to assess attitudes and behaviors
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Threat and error management
- Safety defenses
- Operational threats
- Latent threats
- CRM integration
- How CRM influences SMS effectiveness
- IOSA Standards and Recommended Practices
- CRM implementation tools
- CRM considerations in Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) design
- LOFT objectives and guidance
- Non-Technical Skills (NTS)
- Identifying behaviors
- CRM implementation exercise
- Interactive exercises
- Case studies reviewing the causes of recent accidents
This course is recommended for all mid- to senior-level airline management working with:
- Flight and cabin crews
Safety and quality
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.