Aviation Cyber Security Audit and Inspection (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
3-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA's Aviation Cyber Security Audit and Inspection 3-day course will provide you with industry-wide skills on audit requirements so that you can carry out quality control of both airline and other aviation-related cyber security policies and processes. You'll learn and have the opportunity to practice techniques to inspect and obtain evidence, document it and then communicate it to responsible parties. You'll also learn how to provide audit reports and mandatory observations in compliance with international, regional, and national regulations as well as industry standards.
Course Code: TSCS-71-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 150 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define plan, prepare and conduct cyber security audits and inspection in an airline and aviation-related organization
- Recognize and correctly interpret regulatory and standard requirements at the international, regional and national level relevant to aviation cyber security (ICAO, PART-IS, IOSA…)
- Identify and assess required processes, get and examine evidence and interview to measure compliance
- Inspect aircraft cyber security
- Investigate incidents
- Prepare audit and inspection reports, conduct follow-up audits and evaluate corrective action plan
- Evaluate aviation cyber security management system
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation cyber security frameworks
- International, regional and national regulations and industry standards
- Audit and inspection processes
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
- Audit activities in an aviation organization
- Management and Assurance Monitoring Control
- IOSA Audit program
- Cyber Security Program (CSP)
- Cyber Security Management Program (CSMP)
- Cyber Security Risk Management (CSRM)
- Training programs
- Cyber Security measures and effectiveness
- Cyber security surveys, check lists and reports
- Scoping cyber security critical information and asset in aviation
- Aircraft cyber security
- Interdependencies between aviation safety/security and cyber security
- Incident Response/Emergency and Incident Management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aspiring auditors requiring qualification
- Aviation cyber security managers preparing for an audit
- Airline internal auditors and airline IOSA designees
- Existing cyber security auditors requiring qualifications in aviation cyber security
- Civil Aviation Authorities (CAA) and regulators
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.