Deregulation and Open Skies, Alliances, Equity Partnerships and Strategic Partnerships (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 429 participants from 42 countries have taken this course with IATA?
This course will provide you with the skills and common practices in the air transport industry that help you keep your airline competitive through various methods of scheduling and analyzing the market demand. Contribute to your company’s success by learning how to build, analyze and implement effective alliances, strategic partnerships, and equity partnerships within the industry.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-05
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
11 - 13 October, 2021
Register before 20 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 20 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132952
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
United Kingdom, London (IATA)
13 - 15 October, 2021
Register before 22 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 22 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132451
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Analyze the regulation landscape of the air transport industry, the consequences of deregulation and the current structure
- Identify the existing types of partnership models and how they operate
- Conduct a cost/benefit analysis on being part of an alliance/equity partnership/strategic partnership model
- Implement successful strategic partnership strategies
- Apply the skills to build strong relationships with your competitors to better serve the passengers
- Evaluate the effects of alliances and equity partnerships for your own organization
- Aviation industry awareness
- Regulatory landscape
- Regulatory liberalization opportunities
- Strategic partnerships overview
- Cooperative strategy benefits
- Joining and working within alliances and joint ventures
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Group discussions
- Case studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Marketing and sales managers
- Aero-political managers
- Alliances and strategic partnerships managers
- Aviation competition lawyers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Shanker Raman Selvaraj, Aero Surveys Ltd. (Starbow)
This course is really helpful to decide on the way forward for an airline. It clearly helps us to realize the current state of airline and the steps that need to be considered for growth like interline, code-share, alliance and joint venture.