Deregulation and Open Skies, Alliances, Equity Partnerships and Strategic Partnerships (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 429 participants from 42 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course will provide you with the skills and common practices in the air transport industry that help you
keep your airline competitive through various methods of scheduling and analyzing the market demand.
Contribute to your company’s success by learning how to build, analyze and implement effective alliances,
strategic partnerships, and equity partnerships within the industry.
Course code: TALG-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Analyze the regulation landscape of the air transport industry, the consequences of deregulation and the current structure
- Identify the existing types of partnership models and how they operate
- Conduct a cost/benefit analysis on being part of an alliance/equity partnership/strategic partnership model
- Implement successful strategic partnership strategies
- Apply the skills to build strong relationships with your competitors to better serve the passengers
- Evaluate the effects of alliances and equity partnerships for your own organization
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation industry awareness
- Regulatory landscape
- Regulatory liberalization opportunities
- Strategic partnerships overview
- Cooperative strategy benefits
- Joining and working within alliances and joint
- Frequent Flyer Programs
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Alliance and strategic partnership managers
- Aero-political managers
- Marketing and sales managers
- Aviation competition lawyers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Policy and Regulations Diploma
An overview of the regulatory and legal regimes, as well as the international industry affairs applicable to all aspects of the aviation industry.
Airline Management Diploma
Gain the skills to anticipate, respond, and adapt to the demands of a changing industry.