Deregulation, Alliances & Partnerships in a Post COVID-19 World (Virtual Classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
The course will provide you with the skills and common practices in the air transport industry that will enable you to build, analyse and implement effective cooperative strategies, such as alliances, strategic partnerships and equity partnerships in a post COVID-19 world.
Course code: TALG-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
7 - 9 September, 2020
Register before 17 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 24 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 128733
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Identify the current opportunities and challenges with an up-to-date overview of the industry
- Describe the current regulatory landscape of the air transport industry, understanding the effects of deregulation and the opportunities possible from liberalization of air services
- Identify the existing types of partnership models and how they operate
- Evaluate the potential effects of alliances and equity partnerships for your own organization
- Join and implement successful cooperative strategic partnerships to drive revenue growth, as well as corporate cost and productivity benefits
- Aviation industry overview
- Regulation and deregulation
- Cooperative strategies, different partnership types and their benefits as well as challenges
- Frequent Flyer Programs
- Successful Partnership implementation
- Identifying your own cooperative strategy opportunities in a post COVID-19 world
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Alliance and strategic partnership managers
- Aero-political managers
- Marketing and sales managers
- Aviation competition lawyers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: