Environmental Sustainability Champion Diploma
About the diploma
4 courses to be completed in 6 months
This diploma is a blend of courses to help you to start on your road to environmental sustainability. They will help you gain a full understanding of the challenges that aviation is facing, ranging from carbon emissions, human and wildlife trafficking, including the public perception of aviation and greenwashing. Our trained instructors will help you identify a set of measures you can implement to achieve short, medium and long-term benefits from a social and environmental perspective while being conscious of financial sustainability.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Describe the main environmental challenges facing aviation
- Identify strategies to tackle various environmental risks
- Explain climate change and the global impact of air transport
- Analyze and describe airlines’ initiatives, set to address the misperception
The key topics that are covered in this diploma include:
- Aviation emissions
- Environmental sustainability
- Materiality matrix
- Communication strategy
- Human trafficking
- Wildlife trafficking
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
Who should attend
- Aviation professionals with an interest in environmental impact
- Environmental managers
- Sustainability managers
A passing mark of 70% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete the 4 required courses
within 6 months.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete