Document Control Systems (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 314 participants from 63 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Document control helps you ensure compliance with industry regulations and reinforce quality management within your organization. This hands-on course gives you a test environment to build your own document control procedures, including: process mapping, referencing and amendments. You will also learn how to maintain a document infrastructure and distribute control documents so that they are current and accessible to all stations.
Course code: TALS-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
11 - 14 September, 2023
Register before Jun 11, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 28 Aug
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172662
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will know how to:
- Build a document control system that satisfies your quality management requirements
- Follow a document throughout its life cycle, from creation to retirement
- Establish guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation
- Create standards to maintain the integrity of your document control system and make your documentation available to all stakeholders
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Document hierarchy
- Quality manual
- Policy and procedures
- Work instructions
- Document consistency and referencing
- Communication style
- Numbering systems
- Controlled document list
- Circulation list
- Document retention and amendment
- Implementing Rules – Operations (IR-OPS), ICAO, ISO requirements and resources
- Process and document ownership
- Periodic review
- Documentation standards
- Defining a corporate standard
- Document security and control
- What documentation means to auditors
- IOSA documentation requirements
- Operational Management and Control Systems
- IOSA Audit Standards
Who should attend
This course is recommended for managers working in:
Flight and ground operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma