Document Control Systems (classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 314 participants from 63 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
Document control helps you ensure compliance with industry regulations and reinforce quality management within your organization. This hands-on course gives you a test environment to build your own document control procedures, including: process mapping, referencing and amendments. You will also learn how to maintain a document infrastructure and distribute control documents so that they are current and accessible to all stations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-05
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
24 - 27 October, 2023
Register before 24 Jul, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply.
Please register by 03 Oct
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172040
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will know how to:
- Build a document control system that satisfies your quality management requirements
- Follow a document throughout its life cycle, from creation to retirement
- Establish guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation
- Create standards to maintain the integrity of your document control system and make your documentation available to all stakeholders
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Document hierarchy
- Quality manual
- Policy and procedures
- Work instructions
- Document consistency and referencing
- Communication style
- Numbering systems
- Controlled document list
- Circulation list
- Document retention and amendment
- Implementing Rules – Operations (IR-OPS), ICAO, ISO requirements and resources
- Process and document ownership
- Periodic review
- Documentation standards
- Defining a corporate standard
- Document security and control
- What documentation means to auditors
- IOSA documentation requirements
- Operational Management and Control Systems
- IOSA Audit Standards
- This course uses a series of practical exercises to help you build your own document control procedures. A final examination is given at the end of the course.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for managers working in:
Flight and ground operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.