Did you know that in the past 5 years, 411 participants from 74 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
Document control helps you ensure compliance with industry regulations and reinforce quality management within your organization. This hands-on course gives you a test environment to build your own document control procedures, including process mapping, referencing and amendments. You will also learn how to maintain a document infrastructure and distribute control documents so that they are current and accessible to all stations.
Course code: TALS-05
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will know how to:
- Build a document control system that satisfies your quality management requirements
- Follow a document throughout its life cycle, from creation to retirement
- Establish guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation
- Create standards to maintain the integrity of your document control system and make your documentation available to all stakeholders
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Document hierarchy
- Quality manual
- Policy and procedures
- Work instructions
- Document consistency and referencing
- Communication style
- Numbering systems
- Controlled document list
- Circulation list
- Document retention and amendment
- Implementing Rules – Operations (IR-OPS), ICAO, ISO requirements and resources
- Process and document ownership
- Periodic review
- Documentation standards
- Defining a corporate standard
- Document security and control
- What documentation means to auditors
- IOSA documentation requirements
- Operational Management and Control Systems
- IOSA Audit Standards
- This course uses a series of practical exercises to help you build your own document control procedures. A final examination is given at the end of the course.
This course is recommended for managers working in:
Flight and ground operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.