Document Control Systems (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 379 participants from 74 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Document control helps you ensure compliance with industry regulations and reinforce quality management within your organization. This hands-on course gives you a test environment to build your own document control procedures, including: process mapping, referencing and amendments. You will also learn how to maintain a document infrastructure and distribute control documents so that they are current and accessible to all stations.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALS-05
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will know how to:
- Build a document control system that satisfies your quality management requirements
- Follow a document throughout its life cycle, from creation to retirement
- Establish guidelines for consistent document appearance, notation and circulation
- Create standards to maintain the integrity of your document control system and make your documentation available to all stakeholders
- Document hierarchy
- Quality manual
- Policy and procedures
- Work instructions
- Document consistency and referencing
- Communication style
- Numbering systems
- Controlled document list
- Circulation list
- Document retention and amendment
- Implementing Rules – Operations (IR-OPS), ICAO, ISO requirements and resources
- Process and document ownership
- Periodic review
- Documentation standards
- Defining a corporate standard
- Document security and control
- What documentation means to auditors
- IOSA documentation requirements
- Operational Management and Control Systems
- IOSA Audit Standards
- This course uses a series of practical exercises to help you build your own document control procedures. A final examination is given at the end of the course.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for managers working in:
Flight and ground operations
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: