Infectious Substances Transport (Classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 109 participants from 43 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Shipping Infectious Substances can be an intimidating task when looking at the multitude of classification, packaging, marking, labelling, documentation, and handling requirements. In accordance with Division 6.2 – Category A and B requirements, this course will keep you compliant with regulations for shipping infectious substances, such as those used in medical research and diagnostic fields. This course will teach you the skills to handle potentially dangerous pathogens, process all of the correct documentation, and reduce risks to yourself and those around you.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGP-22
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
France, Paris (IATA)
20 - 22 October, 2021
Register before 29 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 29 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132065
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply the technical skills of shipping infectious substances by air
- Reference the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines based on the most recent IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Manual
- Apply the step-by step workbook in conjunction with the current Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines publication
- Promote safe and efficient handling practices in the workplace
- Facilitate shipments in compliance with the applicable regulations
- Classification of infectious substances
- Labelling, documentation, and handling of infectious substances
- Emergency procedures for infectious substances
- IATA Infectious Substances Shipping Guidelines manual
- Key issues involved in the shipping of infectious substances
- Interactive exercises on completion of the Shipper's Declaration for Infectious Substances
- Group discussions
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Medical personnel
- Laboratory personnel shipping viruses for research purposes
- Airline cargo acceptance agents and freight forwarders
- Pharmaceutical company staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams.
Please note: The course title on your certificate will include the DGR Category of the course - Infectious Substance Transport – Shipping and
Packing Categories 1,2
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: