Introduction to Security Investigation (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
In IATA's Introduction to Security Investigation course you will learn the fundamentals of conducting an internal investigation for security occurrences. You will cover topics such as ethical considerations, understanding human factors, principles of an internal investigation and root cause analysis. You will also develop the skills and techniques needed to identify the different types of investigation, learn how to conduct security investigatory research and apply critical thinking skills, more effective control measures and learn about unconscious bias, how to identify human behaviors and cultural considerations. These may all impact mitigation strategies, in varying degrees when identifying findings in the aviation industry.
Course Code: TSCS-72-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level or Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define the different type of investigation
- Recognize unconscious bias and identify human behavior
- Develop more effective control measures
- Demonstrate ethical collection of data
- Summarize findings and observations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Bias identification
- Report writing
- Interview techniques
- Investigation strategy
- Open-source investigation
- Critical analysis techniques
- Collection and analysis of human factors
- Human behavior and communication skills
- Types of analysis and information collection
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- Security managers and supervisors at airlines and airports
- Ground handling or security provider staff
- Insurance and Security consultants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma