Airline Management of Low-Cost Carriers: How to make this model successful (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
Become a Low Cost Carrier (LCC) specialist with comprehensive knowledge to establish or manage a successful and sustainable LCC. In this course you will learn how to evaluate markets and assess their readiness and capacity for the entry of a new LCC, how to manage route seasonality, pricing, distribution models and regional specificities.
Over 3 days you will turn analytical skills and strategic thinking into management action, while learning about the genetic code of a successful Low Cost Carrier. You will dive deep into market scenarios, management theory and airline business models that form the basis of a typical Low Cost Carrier start up and examine why LCC are not always successful and how failures happened.
Course code: TALG-26-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
3 - 6 October, 2022
Register before 03 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 19 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 158971
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Interpret the key passenger airline business models
- Recognise key market parameters
- Describe the strategic approach behind a LCC
- Explore how an LCC is successfully set up
- Evaluate the limitations LLCs are facing
- Discuss recent developments of the business model
- LCC economics
- Traffic and profitability, including regional perspectives and developments
- What makes an LCC successful: cost base comparison, ancillary, operations, customer, and marketing.
- The future of LCCs – what are their priorities?
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline managers
- Airport managers
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Government and Policy-makers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.