SGHA for Line Maintenance (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 68 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (9 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Learn how to use the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement to its fullest potential as a commercial agreement and services description document for line maintenance services. This course covers the respective parts of the SGHA and shows you how to write the Annex B according to the frame of the main agreement and the regulatory requirements for line maintenance.
Course Code: TAPG-55-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of line maintenance and airport services business.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between the 2023 and previous versions
- Analyze articles in the main agreement to find opportunities and risks
- Recognize and understand the services and descriptions of sections in Annex A
- Derive and write an Annex B according to business and operational requirements
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Please update your bookmarks
- Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- History and legal framework for the SGHA
- Version’s overview: 2013-2023
- Liability, as in Article 8 of the main agreement
- Article 11 of the main agreement
- Operations safety
- Duration and termination terms
- Review of Annex A and B & Interpretation of all sections and paragraphs
- MRO Topics
- EASA Appendix XI to AMC 708 (c) - contract requirements and EASA part M
- EU regulation for access to EU Community
- Airports and IOSA 1.11.2
- Concession fee and tax
- Contract administration
- Other elements that have influence on line maintenance services and contracting
- Changes in 2023 version compared to 2018 version
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and MRO Buyers, Sellers and Contract Managers
- Continuing Airworthiness Managers
- Commercial, Agreement Performance and Service Quality Managers
- Legal and Finance experts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma