SGHA for Line Maintenance (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 68 participants from 24 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
Learn how to use the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement to its fullest potential as a commercial agreement and services description document for line maintenance services. This course covers the respective parts of the SGHA and shows you how to write the Annex B according to the frame of the main agreement and the regulatory requirements for line maintenance.
Course Code: TAPG-55-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of line maintenance and airport services business.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
12 - 15 September, 2022
Register before 22 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 29 Aug
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149511
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
15:00-16:30 & 17:30-19:00 Beijing/Singapore
11:00-12:30 & 13:30-15:00 Dubai
9:00-10:30 & 11:30-13:00 Geneva/Paris
7:00-8:30 & 9:30-11:00 UTC
Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify differences between 2018 and previous versions
- Analyze articles in the main agreement to identify opportunities and risks
- Understand the services and descriptions of sections in Annex A
- Derive and write an Annex B according to business and operational requirements
- Please update your bookmarks
- Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- History and legal framework for the SGHA
- Versions overview: 1998-2018
- Liability, as in Article 8 of the main agreement
- Article 11 of the main agreement
- Operations safety
- Duration and termination terms
- Review of Annex A and B
- Interpretation of all sections and paragraphs
- MRO Topics
- EASA Appendix XI to AMC 708 © - contract requirements
- EASA part M
- EU regulation for access to EU Community
- IOSA 1.11.2
- Concession fee and tax
- Contract administration
- Other elements that have influence on line maintenance services and contracting
- Changes in 2018 version compared to 2013 version
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and MRO Buyers, Sellers and Contract Managers
- Continuing Airworthiness Managers
- Commercial, Agreement Performance and Service Quality Managers
- Legal and Finance experts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.