SGHA for Line Maintenance (Classroom, 3 days)
Learn how to use the IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreement (2018) to its fullest potential as a commercial agreement and services description document for line maintenance services. This course covers the respective parts of the SGHA and shows you how to write the Annex B according to the frame of the main agreement and the regulatory requirements for line maintenance.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPG-55
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Line maintenance and airport services business
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify differences between 2018 and previous versions
- Analyze articles in the main agreement to identify opportunities and risks
- Understand the services and descriptions of sections in Annex A
- Derive and write an Annex B according to business and operational requirements
- Please update your bookmarks
- Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- History and legal framework for the SGHA
- Versions overview: 1998-2018
- Liability, as in Article 8 of the main agreement
- Article 11 of the main agreement
- Operations safety
- Duration and termination terms
- Review of Annex A and B
- Interpretation of all sections and paragraphs
- MRO Topics
- EASA Appendix XI to AMC 708 © - contract requirements
- EASA part M
- EU regulation for access to EU Community
- IOSA 1.11.2
- Concession fee and tax
- Contract administration
- Other elements that have influence on line maintenance services and contracting
- Changes in 2018 version compared to 2013 version
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and MRO Buyers, Sellers and Contract Managers
- Continuing Airworthiness Managers
- Commercial, Agreement Performance and Service Quality Managers
- Legal and Finance experts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.