Live Animals Cargo Logistics Management (Classroom, 3 days)
In today's modern world the carriage of live animals by air is considered the most humane and expedient method of transportation over long distances. From an ethical point of view, the Air Transport industry must ensure that the best practices and standards are in place for the welfare of these animals. Any entity engaged in reservations, acceptance, handling and transportation of live animals need to have the systems, procedures, infrastructure, equipment, processes and qualified personnel in place, ensuring animals are transported safely and humanely and provide a compliant, fast and reliable service to animal owners.
This course is designed to raise the bar for the industry and provides relevant key concepts, building up to a standard audit process, which can be applied within businesses to ensure compliance with common regulations, quality and ethical standards. You will be given the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the concepts of a quality management system (QMS), quality assurance, continuous improvement and other quality service-driving concepts and tools. You will also learn how to use the CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist, and develop corrective actions based on your findings to enhance the management of live animal logistics in your organization.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TCGT-12
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of IATA Live Animals Regulations or Recommended to take the IATA Live Animals Transportation course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
United States, Miami (IATA, ACCET Accredited)
12 - 14 August, 2020
Register before 22 Jul, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 22 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 109748
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory requirements, welfare considerations and industry challenges of live animal transportation
- Improve the quality of live animal logistics, documentation, operational processes and service
- Recognize key stakeholders in the live animal logistics chain, their interactions and supplier management under the QMS
- Apply Quality Risk Management (QRM) and the CEIV Live Animals concept
- Prepare for the IATA CEIV Live Animals assessment and carry out an IATA CEIV Live Animals audit (checklist)
- International animal welfare legislation and guidelines
- CEIV Live Animals program: purpose and process
- Quality management systems (QMS)
- Voice of the customer and quality assurance
- Operational standards / Procedures (SOPs) and Critical control points (CCP)
- Supplier management
- Quality risk management (QRM)
- Audit basics
- IATA CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist
- Audit report and action plan
- Corrective and preventive actions
- Value creation and waste management
- Progress checks
- Group work activities
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline management working in: Live Animals Product Management, Cargo Quality, Warehouse and Ramp Operations, Training, Standards and Procedures, Internal Auditors
- Ground Handlers, Freight forwarders and Pet Shipping companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.Please note:
As per LAR 1.4, this Certificate is only valid for 36 months