Repricing Exchanges and Reissues (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Frequent itinerary changes by the customers are distressing your staff? Reissuing or exchanging tickets without errors is essential to building trust and loyalty with your customers. Learn how to apply correct ticketing rules and perform complex transactions such as revalidating, exchanging or reissuing tickets without errors. Increase productivity and save costs by learning new netting procedures and IATA resolutions that apply for ticket alterations.
Course code: TALF-54-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
12 - 15 October, 2021
Please register by 28 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132272
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
9:00-10:30 & 11:30-13:00 Miami/Montreal
15:00-16:30 & 17:30-19:00 Geneva/Paris
17:00-18:30 & 19:30-21:00 Dubai
13:00-14:30 & 15:30-17:00 UTC
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply correct ticketing rules and IATA procedures to exchanges/reissue ticketing entries to avoid debit memos and associated costs
- Apply the new netting procedures
- Reprice tickets using either historical or current fares
- Convert one currency to another accurately
- Assess taxes/fees/charges to be refunded or collected
- Related fees and other charges
- The electronic ticket
- Electronic miscellaneous documents
- Assessment of change fees
- Exchange transactions
- Reissue transactions
- Voluntary refunds
- Involuntary rerouting
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Tariff managers
- Sales and ticketing executives
- Airline ticketing agents
- Interline billing specialists
- Revenue accountants
- Travel agency employees
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.