Did you know that in the past 5 years, 159 participants from 41 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Learn how to correctly manage and control the end-to-end project procurement framework and contract life cycle, as well as effective strategies to successfully handle suppliers and vendors. Over 5 days you will master the step-by-step process for converting needs into outsourced goods and services. You will gain knowledge on how to develop evaluation criteria to select the most appropriate procurement partner, and how to create an effective statement of work and service level agreements.
Course code: TAPH-28
- Participants should have prior knowledge and
experience working with projects.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify stakeholder expectations and convert
project needs into contract requirements
- Use a Request for Information (RFI) as a tool to
determine the sourcing strategy
- Develop an evaluation model and supplier
selection criteria to be able to analyse and validate
- Establish a bid evaluation framework and create a
robust Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Adapt and improve your negotiation techniques
and communication strategies
- Monitor and control supplier performance and
maintain effective working relationships
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Procurement lifecycle
- Supplier selection criteria
- Supplier evaluation techniques and negotiation
- Contract types, definitions and purpose
- Managing supplier performance and relationships
- Group exercises
- Negotiation role plays
This course is recommended for:
- Purchasing or sourcing managers
- Vendor or product evaluation / selection managers
- Project managers
- Program managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.