Project Management Essentials (30 PDUs, classroom, 5 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
This course will teach you the fundamentals of project management. Learn how to apply essential project
management concepts, deal with changes and challenges, and check the impact of your decisions on
project outcomes. Benefit from the Harvard Business Publishing simulation to develop your skills of
managing real projects.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-05
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge and
experience working with projects.
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
24 - 28 August, 2020
Register before 03 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 03 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110285
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Define project objectives, minimize scope
changes and prevent scope creep
- Develop time and cost estimates, create and
control the schedule and the budget
- Assemble, motivate and lead a project team
- Communicate project progress, maintain
stakeholder engagement and develop plans
for managing risks
- Manage scope, resources, schedule and team
- Make trade-offs between desired project
outcomes and understand how prototypes
and iterative processes help mitigate the risks
Scope of project deliverables
Identification and management of key stakeholders
Prevent, minimize and respond to risks
Assigning tasks and managing project teams
Project progress and changes
Leadership and people skills related to project management
- Harvard Business Publishing Simulation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Project coordinators and managers
- Project team members
- Anyone who needs to perform project management activities in their role
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course counts as 30 PDUs, helping you earn or maintain your PMI credential.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
IATA has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Mr. Anochkine, UNMIT
IATA Training courses play a very important role in national civil aviation capacity building, which is part of UN mandated activities. I would like to express my gratitude for the quality and extraordinarily professional level of ALL courses delivered by IATA Training. IATA plays an active role with UN missions in capacity building in the aviation industry in newly developing nations, by providing training and unified industry culture development. IATA is a model for international industry
standards and best practices implementation.