Recurrent Aviation Security Training (Classroom, 3 days)
In light of the growing number of security incidents and legislation, both global and national aviation security authorities require recurrent training for security staff, trainers and management. This course covers the recurrent training requirements recommended by ICAO, EU, TSA, and other major security programs to help keep your organization compliant. Whether you work at an airport, warehouse or in the air, this course will ensure you stay current with recent incidents, regulations and technology trends. You will learn how to apply new security measures and procedures to your daily operations through exercises and case studies. You will also gain valuable insight into the lessons learned from past incidents and the resulting initiatives that can help you mitigate future threats.
We recommend this course as part of your annual recurrent training. The course contents are updated and released at the beginning of each calendar year.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TSCS-05
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
2 - 4 December, 2020
Register before 03 Sep, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 11 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110007
What you will learn
Taken once a year, this course will help you and your staff to:
- Keep you and your staff current with the most current security threats and legislation
- Review the lessons learned from recent incidents
- Design a risk assessment model based on your workplace
- Discover upcoming screening technology and its detection capabilities
- Passenger security processes and best practice
- Cargo security processes and best practice
- Lessons learned from recent incidents: the vulnerabilities, gaps and solutions
- New aviation security threats and trends
- Applying the latest initiatives and procedures
- Security culture in AVSEC
- Recent and upcoming regulations and/or legislation - global and national programs
- Technology developments in response to the latest threats: x-ray screening, access control, surveillance, biometric systems and more
- New requirements for the training of aviation security staff and management
- IATA’s security programs and initiatives
- Case studies, class discussions and debates
- Group security deployment exercise
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- All aviation staff involved in implementing security measures as part of their operational tasks: screeners, management, trainers, flight crews.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: