Recurrent Aviation Security Training (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 51 participants from 3 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
In light of the growing number of security incidents and legislation, both global and national aviation security authorities require recurrent training for security staff, trainers and management. This course covers the recurrent training requirements recommended by ICAO, EU, TSA, and other major security programs to help keep your organization compliant. Whether you work at an airport, warehouse or in the air, this course will ensure you stay current with recent incidents, regulations and technology trends. You will learn how to apply new security measures and procedures to your daily operations through exercises and case studies. You will also gain valuable insight into the lessons learned from past incidents and the resulting initiatives that can help you mitigate future threats.
We recommend this course as part of your annual recurrent training. The course contents are updated and released at the beginning of each calendar year.
Course code: TSCS-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
6 - 8 December, 2022
Register before 05 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 22 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149482
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
16:00-19:00 & 20:00-23:00 Beijing/Singapore
12:00-15:00 & 16:00-19:00 Dubai
9:00-12:00 & 13:00-16:00 Geneva/Paris
8:00-11:00 & 12:00-15:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Keep you and your staff current with the most current security threats and legislation
- Review the lessons learned from recent incidents
- Design a risk assessment model based on your workplace
- Discover upcoming screening technology and its detection capabilities
- Passenger security processes and best practice
- Cargo security processes and best practice
- Lessons learned from recent incidents: the vulnerabilities, gaps and solutions
- New aviation security threats and trends
- Applying the latest initiatives and procedures
- Security culture in Aviation Security (AVSEC)
- Recent and upcoming regulations and/or legislation - global and national programs
- Technology developments in response to the latest threats: x-ray screening, access control, surveillance, biometric systems and more
- New requirements for the training of aviation security staff and management
- IATA’s security programs and initiatives
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation Security instructors
- All aviation staff involved in implementing security measures as part of their operational tasks: screeners, management, trainers, flight crews.
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Security Operations Diploma
Gain knowledge of security in a selection of operational areas and earn an industry recognized diploma.
Aviation Security Screening Diploma
This diploma prepares trainees to work in access control, x-ray screening and checkpoint supervisory roles.
Aviation Security Management Diploma
Learn how to apply security measures in response to dynamic security demands.