Did you know that in the past 3 years, 189 participants from 54 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
Ensure your compliance with industry-wide security audit requirements. Learn the essential airline and airport security audit requirements in ICAO Annex 17 in this advanced-level course. Become proficient in a wide range of industry standards, with in-depth reviews of international and national security programs. Gain the skills to conduct compliant audits and quality control across multiple security segments.
Course code: TSCS-10
- Participants should have at least two years of experience in an aviation security management role.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form
or contact the Training Specialist
in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Conduct airport security audits
Implement quality control processes such as checklists and communication of results
Understand ICAO requirements and apply them to your audit programs
Apply surveys and inspections to maintain quality in security operations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation security background and legislation
- Global aviation security regime structure
International aviation security conventions
ICAO Annex 17
- Audit programs
- National civil aviation security programs
ICAO Universal Security Audit Program
- Security surveys – evaluating security needs and highlighting vulnerabilities
- Surveys for airports
Surveys for airlines
- Auditing security segments
- Airport security
Human factors and aviation security training
- Security Management Systems (SeMS)
- Core elements
This course is recommended for:
Aspiring auditors/validators requiring qualification
Airline and airport security managers preparing for an audit
National aviation security regulators
Law enforcement personnel in airport operations
Ground handling or security provider staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.