Did you know that in the past 3 years, 189 participants from 54 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (22 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Ensure your compliance with industry-wide security audit requirements and learn the essential airline and airport security audit requirements in ICAO Annex 17 in this advanced-level course. Become proficient in a wide range of industry standards, with in-depth reviews of international and national security programs. Gain the skills to conduct compliant audits and quality control across multiple security segments.
Course Code: TSCS-10-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 22 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 150 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have at least two years of experience in aviation security management.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Conduct security audits in the airport, terminal and on the ground
- Implement quality control processes such as building checklists and communicating results
- Understand ICAO requirements and apply them to your audit programs
- Apply surveys and inspections to maintain quality security operations
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation security background and legislation
- Global aviation security regime structure
- International aviation security conventions
- ICAO Annex 17
- Audit programs
- National Civil Aviation Security Program
- ICAO Universal Security Audit Program
- Security surveys – evaluating security needs and highlighting vulnerabilities
- Surveys for airports
- Surveys for airlines
- Auditing security segments
- Airport security
- Passenger terminal
- Ground security
- Baggage security
- Cargo security
- Human factors and aviation security training
- Security Management Systems (SeMS)
- Core elements
- Human factors
This course is recommended for:
- Aspiring auditors/validators requiring qualification
- Airline and airport security managers preparing for an audit
- National aviation security regulators
- Law enforcement personnel in airport operations
- Ground handling or security provider staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participant obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.