Airport Slot Coordination: Policy and Implementation (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
The aviation industry faces enormous challenges as a result of insufficient airport infrastructure across the globe. The Worldwide Airport Slot Guidelines (WASG) help the industry to meet the consumer demand for such infrastructure. The Airport Slot Coordination: Policy and Implementation course will provide you with an enhanced and balanced understanding of these challenges as well as the principles that have been developed to meet demand in a fair, transparent, and neutral way while promoting the most efficient use of scarce airport capacity.
Course Code: TALM-09-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants are expected to review the IATA Slot Policy pages and be familiar with the latest industry developments before attending the course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the global context of schedule planning in a constrained airport environment and how it relates to connectivity, competition, and consumer benefits of aviation
- Explain the challenges posed by insufficient airport infrastructure
- Detail the principles and objectives of the Worldwide Airport Slot Guidelines
- Justify the need for transparency, flexibility, sustainability, certainty, and consistency in airport capacity allocation
- Advocate for the optimization of scarce airport capacity
- State of the airline industry
- International schedule planning by airlines
- Worldwide Airport Slot Guidelines (WASG): objectives, principles, governance, evolution
- How transparency, flexibility, certainty, consistency and sustainability all benefit the consumer
- Gaining access to congested airports
- Airport slot allocation
- Historic precedence & 80:20 “Use-it-or-lose-it”
- Slot performance monitoring
- Slot mobility
- Other slot policies that have been given consideration
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Civil Aviation Authorities
- Heads of Slots policy, Slot managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: